2019 Specialized Fuse Comp 27.5+. amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = "Specialized Mountain Bike"; I am a small frame builder in here in the US and seeing you guys note that the price was high, I did some research, no one has the same spec on the market for less minus perhaps a super garbage brand which I did not look at. He's previously been technical editor at BikeRadar.com, editor at What Mountain Bike Magazine and also web editor at Singletrackworld.co.uk. Just boost the fork up to 130mm. Specialized's Fuse Comp 29 is a 130mm trail hardtail that blends balanced handling with some very neat features. If a person prefers the 27.5 but wants the better frame the price of the bike instantly goes up by $700 to $800 because of buying 27.5 wheels and tires. Bikerumor.com is the world’s largest cycling tech blog. 3 What's 2+2? Of course, this is where all that extra range of the SRAM SX Eagle group that this bike has and those don't should come in useful - and it does on prolong steep climbs - but the groupset is partially to blame for the high overall weight. Product Details Components Bottom BracketPF30 BB, 73mm shell ChainKMC X11, 11-speed w/ Missing Link PedalsSpecialized Dirt HubsSpecialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 24h/28h TiresPurgatory, GRID casing, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 3.0″ WheelsStout Trail SL 27.5, 38mm internal width, tubeless ready, disc-specific ChainringsSteel, 28T CassetteSRAM PG-1130, 11-speed, 11-42t, 2019 Specialized Fuse Comp 27.5+. Contact us to connect with them. Vintage Specialized Rockhopper FS Mountain Bike 17″, Cannondale F-Si HiMod Carbon Sram Eagle XX XO1 ENVE Specialized S-Works Hydra XL, 2019 Specialized S-works Epic Hardtail HT Brand New $8500 Retail Size L, Specialized Stumpjumper SWorks S-Works M2 XTR XT Manitou Vintage 16” MTN Bike, Specialized Men’s Enduro Drirelease Merino 3/4 Mountain Bike Jersey Medium, Rock Mountain Maiden Downhil Mountain Bike Santa Cruz V10 Specialized Demo GT. FULL SUSPENSION MOUNTAIN BIKE FOX {TREK SPECIALIZED YETI}, 2014 Specialized Epic Marathon Frame Size XL. Nukeproof releases HZN components in radioactive purple! We offer branding well beyond the standard banner, providing meaningful interaction and powerful connections to drive awareness and sales for your company. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "specializedmountainbike.com-20"; 2018 Specialized Fuse Comp 6Fattie/29 (Large) 1×11 Eagle NX Build/Dropper, Derailleur Hanger, SPECIALIZED,Camber,Enduro,FatBoy,Fuse,Kenevo,Levo,Ruze, 301, 2019 Specialized Fuse Comp Carbon 27.5/3.0, 2019 SPECIALIZED “Fuse” Yellow Black 27.5 Large Mountain Bike, 2007 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR pro M5 Mountain bike s-works Magura Brakes, 2018 Specialized Enduro Pro Elite 27.5 Sz M Medium Fox Grip II XO1 Pristine, Vintage Specialized Stumpjumper mountain bike, 2020 Specialized Fuse Carbon 27.5/3.0 Sz Medium M RARE FIRM. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; As the name implies, their M4 option is built with their high-grade and lightweight M4 aluminum tubing. Much as I enjoy singlespeeds, I'm not sure the ability to use it as one would be the tiebreaker in whether I'd buy this bike either. It's also a very reassuring sight to see not just an internally routed dropper post fitted as standard, but one with a full 150mm of travel on the large and extra-large frames. Price: $1799.99. Also, no shop that wants to stay in business long is going to sell this bike for $2K even – the margin is not awesome. 2019 Ragley Big Wig Complete Bike. CLICK HERE for more info. View More: Mountain Bikes Specialized Specialized Mountain Bikes Specialized Fuse 2021 Specialized Fuse. Pair that with the big 780mm wide bars and dinky stem plus the murdered out, matte black paint job and you'd be forgiven for thinking you were dealing with a properly hardcore trail brawler. Yes, he's been around the houses. It is slightly odd that the front tyre uses the heavier Grid Trail casing while the rear gets the thinner Grid. • Submit News Specialized focused on making the new Fuse a trail shredder, not some podium hungry machine (though I’m sure they wouldn’t mind seeing it up there). Specialized also dropped the standover height by up to 52mm on some sizes for easier maneuvering while on the bike. Specialized also dropped the standover height by up to 52mm on some sizes for easier maneuvering while on the bike. Point being I am not sure where you are finding that the price is high, sure it has a $250usd (give or take) drivetrain on it, but there are a bunch of those parts to the whole. Me, too! SPECIALIZED 2020 SJ PRO CARBON EVO 29 CKD CARB/MNT S2 – #57 – USED DEMO, SANTA CRUZ BLUR 20 IN. Whether it's big days out on the gravel bike or hurtling down technical singletracks, if it's got two wheels and can be ridden on dirt, then he's into it. If you show us a trail rider that says they couldn't use more traction, we'll show a trail rider that's never ridden our Fuse. At oe pricing for all the parts + SBC’s $800 for the frame, you’d be really hard pressed to even get there building it on your own. Specialized has also moved the geometry and sizing forward. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Some were actually even more. The best mountain bikes you can buy for under £1,500 - full sus and hardtails Is it They can also take 29 or 27.5+ wheels. Its 27.5 x 3.0 tires put out more traction, more floatation, and better handling without sacrificing anything to efficiency on climbs. The rear wheel, complete with cassette and (tubed) tyre, tips the scales at 3.36kg, which is a lot. It's got a very respectable spec list for a shop bought bike, but dedicated distance sluggers will find it too heavy and those after techy thrills will find the geometry a bit tame. off-road.cc is dedicated to bringing you the best coverage of all off-road riding, Our sister site for road bikes... road.cc Bikerumor.com reaches close to one million passionate cyclists per month. amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = "bottom"; Why not just use the better frame across the whole fuse line? Condition is “Used”. Find a Retailer; en. The part I don’t understand about the new Fuse is the better A1 frame is only offered in the 29er. I can only compare to the Trek Roscoe 8 which has a full NX Eagle and Rockshox 35 Gold fork for $300 less at retail here in Australia. The Fuse gets the now standard Boost 110 spacing in the front and 148 spacing in the rear to create room for those large tires. 2020 Vitus Sentier 29 VRX Bike. It's well over a kilo heavier than the £1, 300 Sonder Transmitter NX we tested and that was a kilo more than the £1,400 Vitus Sentier 27 VRS. Get Bikerumor’s top stories delivered straight to your inbox every week! The base level Fuse gets an A1 aluminum build and standard, non-adjustable thru axle dropouts. All this would be perfectly reasonable if you fancied sticking to tamer trails, where it all does a very nice job of swooping through flowing singletrack without feeling like you're pushing an enduro-wheelbarrow around. • Comment Policy Specialized's Fuse Comp 29 is a 130mm trail hardtail that blends balanced handling with some very neat features. You human? 4. The latest Fuse comes in five frame sizes, where standover clearance and reach have both been increased. Fun bike that way. Advertising and commercial: sales@off-road.cc, Mountain bike, bikepacking and gravel bikes. However, the sheer weight of the thing is really hard to ignore. It does stop the floppy, twangy feel I've had from the carcass of 2.6" sized Grid casing tyres on the front, but you generally want to be running a heavier duty casing on the rear of any hardtail, what with the lack of springs at that end. amzn_assoc_default_category = "All"; The geometry might not be new-skool radness, but if you want a bike that'll tackle some steeper and twistier natural trails without killing you then it does the trick and retains a bit of steering verve on flatter stuff. We like to call it the ultimate trail hardtail, and with a 27.5+ tire system, this becomes more than just talk. US: English; Change region; Sign in; shop Learn how your comment data is processed. Is it worth converting your mountain bike to tubeless? @greenplease, @tim and @ant’ney I actually think this bike is a ridiculous value. The new frames also have more seatpost insertion depth that allow for longer dropper posts. At its base is a threaded bottom bracket.eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'bikerumor_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_1',103,'0','0'])); Their M4 aluminum frame can be run with gears or as a single-speed and allows up to 15mm in chainstay adjustment. The sheer bulk means it's not exactly raring to pick up speed, with the momentum killing properties of that extra mass very apparent when you hit a sudden rise in the trail. Review: SRAM Eagle AXS Rocker Paddle upgrade installed… worth it? Looks like a SC chameleon. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; SRAM also serves up the Level brakes, which are solid enough performers. Product Details Components Bottom BracketPF30 BB, 73mm shell ChainKMC X11, 11-speed w/ Missing Link PedalsSpecialized Dirt HubsSpecialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 24h/28h TiresPurgatory, GRID casing, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 3.0" WheelsStout Trail SL 27.5, 38mm internal width, tubeless ready, disc-specific … Jon was previously the editor here at off.road.cc. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Also, the M4 is available for $800 as a frameset option. All Rights Reserved. There’s actually a tricky adjuster bolt on the inside that prevents the dropout from slipping. This allows riders to lengthen the wheelbase for a steady controlled ride or shorten it for quicker handling on tight trails. A larger diameter downtube improves stiffness in the bottom bracket while carefully designed seat stays offer clearance for up to 29×2.6″ or 27.5×2.8″ tires with some wiggle room. • How We Make Money It's got a very respectable spec list for a shop bought bike, but dedicated distance sluggers will find it too heavy and those after techy thrills will find the geometry a bit tame. * Once you hit the dirt, it becomes a bit more obvious that while it's a pretty radical trail hardtail by the standards of what Specialized has made before, it's still pretty tame in the big scheme of things. Like the Sc chameleon that’s within a working man’s budget! Fyi, you can (and many do) run the old fuse carbon frame as a 29er. amzn_assoc_title = "Shop Related Products"; Love the frame especially in the brushed Aluminum finish *but* I have a hard time stomaching over $2,000 for an NX build. Specialized S-Works Fatboy, small, carbon everything, New! That’s a high price to pay for NX. Buying your first mountain bike: the complete guide, The best mountain bikes for under £1,000 - the best budget buys ridden and rated, Your complete guide to SRAM MTB drivetrains, from AXS and XX1 Eagle to NX, Continental Trail King ProTection Apex tyre review, Video: How to choose the right mudguards for your bike, Bliss Protection ARG Vertical Extended Kneepad review, Specialized launch new 2FO Roost mountain bike shoe, 5 cool things from 9point8, 7mesh, PNW and more, Apidura relaunch the Backcountry series of frame bags, Team Zwatt ÿding power meter cranks review, Really nice frame with some tidy features, SRAM SX Eagle gives you loads of gears and plenty of range, Great to see a long-travel dropper on a budget bike, The weight mutes the fun feeling and pedal response, Drivetrain can feel a bit woolly and rough, Geometry is neither distance fish nor technical fowl. The weight also makes me wonder about the wisdom of the adjustable length dropouts - I strongly suspect tweaking chainstay length is a party trick most owners will only do once and then leave it be, so adding weight here seems unnecessary. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'bikerumor_com-box-3','ezslot_4',101,'0','0']));From its first appearance at the 2015 Sea Otter Classic, the Fuse has been the go-to 27.5+ hardtail from Specialized. I’ve ridden one single speed for 2 years without an issue. We love learning the technology and celebrating innovation at every level -from crowdfunded start ups to major global brands- and sharing it all here with you!